“The principal defect that if a woman can conquer this, if she can conquer this one defect she will excel in all other areas of her spiritual life and that is not controlling her husband. Because the controlling of her husband is the violation of every moral virtue. Every moral virtue.It’s against prudence because your not the head. It’s against Justice because you’re usurping his authority. It’s against fortitude because your basically following the weakness of your emotions and wanting to control him to get what you want. It’s against Temperance because your trying to indulge yourself by making him do what you want him to do so you can feel good about yourself. If a woman can conquer that, there is no other area of her life she can’t conquer. . .Their acceleration into holiness is astounding. ” Fr. Ripperger
He then briefly mentions men’s principal defects: effeminacy and unchastity
A recent survey confirms what I already knew to be true, “stay at home moms” with four or more children are the happiest. It isn’t surprising that children bring more happiness, but the world just can’t accept this simple truth, children are a blessing.
President John F. Kennedy stands with his wife, Jackie, and two children, John, Jr., and Caroline. The family attended a private Mass at the home of Joe Kennedy in Palm Beach. April 14, 1963 Palm Beach, Florida, USA
THESE rules, floating around the Internet and on cards in gift shops, are of uncertain origin. They are basic common sense (though not easy to follow), which means they are generally untaught and unknown:
1. Avoid arguments. Your husband has his share from other sources.
2. Don’t nag.
3. Don’t drink or eat to excess.
4. If you offend your husband, always ask forgiveness before you retire.
5. Compliment your husband liberally. It makes him a better husband.*
6. Budget wisely together. Live within your income.
7. Be sociable and go out with your husband.
8. Dress neatly and attractively for your husband and keep your home clean and cheerful.
9. Keep your household troubles to yourself.
10 . Pray together and stay together.
*But it’s even better to do it out of love.
Fortunately, my husband is not a politician because I struggle with being sociable.