The Thinking House Wife writes a list of rules for men. I think it be best to see such a list written by a man but I present it here for reflection:
In the spirit of the previous list:
1. Be decisive and confident. You’re in charge.
2. Show affection, and don’t criticize. [I have benefited from criticism given in the right spirit.]
3. Train your eyes.
4. Compliment your wife often. [I prefer good -natured teasing. But compliments are nice when they are truly meant.]
5. Discipline your children.
6. Listen. [Rather vague, No?]
7. Take your wife out on Friday night, even if just for coffee. [We are poor, tired, homebodies. What catholic family has money for a weekly date night?]
8. Fix something around the house and contribute to daily chores. [I think couples fall into this naturally. I present household problems I can’t fix to him and he addresses them on his terms. He helps with the daily chores that we both somehow consider to be his.]
9. Never indulge anger or impatience.
10. God wants to help you. Confide in Him.