Alpha Game writes: In defense of of Arranged Marriages
Having three daughters, the subject hits home. On one hand I agree -women should marry young, on the other hand I am glad I didn’t marry my high school sweetheart. I was encouraged by my father to break up and go to college and so I did. I never wanted to go to college, I wanted to get married, but I cannot deny that the education I received was life changing, I was bettered by it and I found a better man. I suppose the difference was was I never sought a party life or me time. I was looking to settle down.
I do know that I will:
- Raise my daughters within our Catholic faith. Imparting it’s ancient traditions
- Give them an excellent liberal arts home education
- Teach them to strive for excellence in all that they do
- Teach them how to manage a home
- Show them that there is no shame in housework
- Insist on chaperoned dates
- Teach them marriage isn’t about equality, it’s hierarchical it needs a head and headship belongs to the man (This is part of our Faith!)
- Encourage them to marry young
- Impart the wisdom that children our gifts and fertility fleeting
- Teach them that children need their mother as the primary caregiver. Daycare can never replace a mother’s love!
If I am able to do all of this to pass down these truths, I believe they will be able to direct their lives accordingly. Whether a highschool sweetheart or college is part of that time will tell.