From Proverbs 31 woman ebook I’ve been reading as a Lenten reflection:
So let me tell you what a wife of noble character does not look like:
1. She does not rival her husband.
2. She does not mope around and complain about her housework.
3. She does not overspend and put her family into debt.
4. She is not bored, discontent, greedy or selfish.
5. She does not gossip and slander others.
6. She does not spend her days doing leisurely shopping, texting, emailing, web browsing, watching late night movies, and sleeping in.
7. She does not criticize, mock, or disrespect her husband.
8. She does not have children and a husband who embarrass her.
9. She does not let her outer beauty take precedence over her inner beauty.
10. She does not take God’s word lightly.
A wife of noble character, who can find? She is rare! And when she is found – her value is priceless! She is a treasure to her husband. I want to be that ruby! In order to become like the Proverbs 31 woman, we must humble ourselves and see our flaws. We must be willing to change some things – our attitudes, our thought patterns, our work ethic, our words, and what we spend our time on. But by God’s grace, you can become a woman of noble character! So for today, begin by evaluating yourself against the list above. Which character quality are you weak in? Pray and ask God for the strength to change!